This is all about my journey to (finally) becoming a wife to my fiancée (whom I'll refer to as Mr. H). This isn't about winning awards or being recognized as a "must read blog". It's to keep my out of towners, family, besties and everyone else in the loop, being able to share in the happiness (and stress) of planning a wedding, to document the process so that I can remember it clearly later on, and hopefully helping some other brides-to-be along the way.

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Thing I'm Excited About Right Now...

So since the wedding seems so far away and by the time the wedding actually comes, who knows what I'll be blogging about, right now I'm just gonna share what's got me doing back flips (although not literally).

*****A HOMEMADE PHOTOBOOTH*****

I had thrown out the idea of a traditional photo booth to my mom when we first started planning and got two big thumbs down right away. Cost, practicality, and the fact that it didn't match the theme of shabby chic. While those are all valid reasons, I still was a little butt hurt.

So I did what most resourceful girls would do, I got on the internet to find a way to make it happen. And it all started with this Snap Station idea that I found. But the idea of using vintage cameras didn't quite appeal to me since I'm not a photographer but after a late night lemon drop session with my mom and another internet search we found this homemade photo booth idea. So viola!!

The decor will be a perfect addition to that of the wedding: think white furniture, vintage accessories, disposal cameras, lots of props, some of my Grammy's things from her house and you've got exactly what was meant to be! My own homemade photo booth/snap station/memory maker and all for less than nothing and not $800+ that a real photo booth cost for a few hours!!

Am I just crazy or is that not the coolest thing to have???

No comments:

Post a Comment