This is all about my journey to (finally) becoming a wife to my fiancée (whom I'll refer to as Mr. H). This isn't about winning awards or being recognized as a "must read blog". It's to keep my out of towners, family, besties and everyone else in the loop, being able to share in the happiness (and stress) of planning a wedding, to document the process so that I can remember it clearly later on, and hopefully helping some other brides-to-be along the way.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

How We Met

Sorry it's been a long week and haven't had the time (or energy) to post, but tonight we're going back to the very beginning, how Mr. H and I met....

I was still in high school (yes it was that long ago) and looking for a job. I got one at the local grocery store...


I was dating someone else at the time but a long distance relationship with a college boy was nothing but trouble, and needless to say it didn't work out. 

One day this cute guy that I had said hi to a few times, came to visit me in the bakery where I was working that night (covering someone's vacation I believe). We talked for almost an hour about his bad mystery shop and quite a few other random things.

A week or two later, my 18th birthday was coming up. I didn't have anything exciting planned but a movie with some friends. After finding out that my new cute friend was off, I invited him to join us. 

He said YES. Not sure who asked who, but we decieded to meet up for a game of pool before the movie.


Little did he know, I had NO IDEA how to play pool. But someone was on my side that night, because I won the first two games. Not sure if it was beginners luck or his willingness to let me win, but it didn't matter either way. 

After that, we headed to the movie theater to meet some friends and go so the funniest movie that we could see. Think Tom Greene and Sean William Scott and their finest and you get ROAD TRIP!!!


Defiantly not the best movie to have been our first date, but it sure broke the ice for us.

 After the movie, my friends left so I could go spend some quality with this new boy. He did what any gentlemen would do and took me for some birthday dessert: pie at the local Baker's Square.


Not sure what kind I got, but it was thought that counts right? About this time, I realized that it was time for me to head home so that I was home before curfew!! Sucks living at home and obeying the rules, but everything happens for a reason, I guess. 

Mr. H followed me home and I checked in. The parents were asleep so we decided to go to the place that made the most sense. 

The lake just down the road from our house! We sat in his pick up and talked, and talked, and talked, During some part of our conversation, I felt his truck slowing rolling towards the lake. THE BOY WAS TRYING TO KILL ME?!? No, he hadn't pulled the e-brake up all the way and so we were drifting towards the lake.

After some more time, we noticed that the sun was starting to peek through the darkness. Uh oh, time to sneak back home again. We drove back to the house and after a good bye kiss, he told me he loved me. That's right ladies, he not only said I love you first, but on the first night. (Not that I didn't feel the same, but I didn't want to scare him away). 

After that, I guess you can say the rest is history. Looking back, it's kind of funny that he not only said I love you first, but he's been trying to get rid of me from the first day...

No comments:

Post a Comment