This is all about my journey to (finally) becoming a wife to my fiancée (whom I'll refer to as Mr. H). This isn't about winning awards or being recognized as a "must read blog". It's to keep my out of towners, family, besties and everyone else in the loop, being able to share in the happiness (and stress) of planning a wedding, to document the process so that I can remember it clearly later on, and hopefully helping some other brides-to-be along the way.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Not Up to Sharing

So, blogging is something I thought I'd jump up of bed everyday and do, but as bloggers know, it's not that easy.  After almost four months of hiding living, I'm BACK!!!


August and September were very difficult months for both me and Mr. H. We lost his brother (Oh, Billy boy, we think about you everyday), had to have our well re-dug (yep, no water coming into the house), and  had to have our cat put down (diabetes did him in). No point in dwelling up that experience again, but the truth is without Mr. H by my side, I don't know where I'd be right now. I'm glad we have each other to fall back onto.



But now, onto wedding related topics: I said YES to my dress, and my mom got hers. (Ironically, it's the green of our wedding choices AND my Grammy wore green to my parent's wedding) Like I talked about here, I have been in love with a dress since day one. And, well, it's the one I got. When I put it on, mom and I both teared up and I didn't want to take it off. I can't wait to get married in it. No spoiler alert, though, because I will not be posting pictures of it until AFTER the wedding.



Mom and I have also be designing the favors and decorations for the reception. It's been a lot of fun, with only one little snafu, so that's a major blessing.


Next month, the wine will be sampled and chosen  bought for the reception. January is the bridesmaid's dress shopping trip, even though the girls and I already have our favorites. April is my first fitting, and that's exciting and scary all in itself. It's really starting to since in that I'm going to be a MRS.

Well, that's all for now, but more to come, in the next couple of days (not month, I promise).

1 comment:

  1. glad you're back, sorry you had a difficult few months. congratulations on picking your dress :)

    ReplyDelete